Phuket to Langkawi Flights - The Sin Isles of the Andaman Sea!
Langkawi, known as ‘the Jewel of Kedah’, is an archipelago of 104 islands spread in the Andaman Sea, off the coast of Northwestern Malaysia. From the glittering beaches to the ancient rainforest, Langkawi is a treat to every traveler’s eye. The island is home to more than 200 bird species. The yesteryears have transformed this once serene and lonely island into a hub of water sports and other adventure activities. Get a taste of thrill either by snorkeling in the Pulau Payar Marine Park or kayaking in the Mangrove forest. Enjoy the panoramic view of Langkawi from 708 meters above sea level in the Langkawi Cable Car ride.
Useful Tips for Tourists Flying to Langkawi
Shopping around Langkawi
When it comes to shopping, Langkawi is a shopper’s paradise. Some main markets for shopping are the Kuah town ? the commercial hub of Langkawi and Pantai Cenang, famous for its numerous restaurants and lovely beaches. The most-purchased items in Langkawi are the rubber flip flops. With bright fluorescent colors and unique prints, they make good souvenir and gift tokens from the island. Courtesy of the government, most of the items sold in Langkawi are duty-free.
Malaysian cuisine is a delicacy for foodies. As Kedah is known as ‘the rice bowl of Malaysia’, it is clear that rice is a staple food here. Try out Nasi Tomato (rice cooked with tomato and spices), which is served with Beef Rendang (a milk-based coconut curry), or Ayam Masak Merah (Chicken cooked in red sauce). This dish is prepared slightly differently in Langkawi than the rest of Malaysia. You can also taste the delicious barbecue fish at any seaside food stall.
Malaysia is mostly a tourist country. Although Malay is the official language of Langkawi, English is widely spoken and understood.
• Hello: Hello
• Thank You: terima kasih
• Where is the toilet? Dimanakah tandas?
• Where can I find a taxi? Di mana I boleh mencari teksi?
• How much does it cost? Berapa banyak harga?
Dos and Don’ts
• Do not swim after dark in Langkawi. The increased jellyfish attacks in recent years have been fatal.
• While driving, keep an eye out for livestock, erratic bikers, and pedestrians.
• To avoid the hot and humid weather, always keep yourself hydrated in Langkawi.
• When you go out, cover yourself up properly to prevent getting severely sunburned.
Emergency Contact Numbers:
• Fire: 049666444/049663004
• Police: 999
• Ambulance: 999
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Langkawi?
The cheapest air tickets to Langkawi are offered by Malaysian Airlines.
• What is the time zone of Malaysia?
The time zone of Malaysia is GMT+8.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Phuket to Langkawi?
The most popular airlines that provide flights from Phuket to Langkawi are Malaysian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and Silkair.
• What is the shortest time for a Phuket to Langkawi flight?
The shortest time for a connecting flight Phuket to Langkawi is 4 hours and 10 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Langkawi?
The top tourist destination of Langkawi includes Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Galeria Perdana, and Langkawi Sky Bridge.
• What is the currency of Malaysia?
The currency of Malaysia is Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
Tired of lengthy ticketing procedures? Download the Yatra App and make use of the Lowest Fare Finder tool to get best deals on flights and easy flight bookings. Use the Yatra App for an easy and hassle-free booking experience.