New Zealand is home to amazing mountains, beautiful beaches, pristine wildlife and unique Maori traditional, all
these together makes this country a dream holiday destination for most of the tourists. But, exploring these lands
can be an expensive excursion. So, to make your dream trip possible in affordable way lots of cheap New Zealand
are offered to the travelers. Along with that, we have collected some good tips for travelers to
enjoy cheap holidays in New Zealand
Let us see how affordable New Zealand holidays can be enjoyed –
Best time to visit in New Zealand
– The climate of this country is just the opposite of what we feel in the
Northern Hemisphere, which is why Decembers to February are the busiest summer vacation months here. Both
foreigners and Kiwis go around the popular sites during this time of the year and therefore the prices are also at
its peak. Thus, it is best to visit during winters and you can also book cheap New Zealand tour package
advance to save more on flight and hotels.
– This place might not look like a very big nation on your New Zealand tourist map
, but when you start
exploring only the major vacation spots, a week or two aren’t just enough for it. If you are on a limited time
just like your budget, then it is best to choose between the North Island and the South Island, instead of
visiting both in a rush. This will save a lot of money on transport, domestic flights
. You can book cheap New Zealand vacation packages
of either of islands so that you can explore more and in a comfortable way.
– Being a remote nation, the air charges are an expensive proposition for many visitors. To trim the air
cost, it is important that you keep an eye on the prices of major flight i.e. Qantas and Air New Zealand. You can
subscribe on their websites to get notifications through email about any discounts and sale offers. The people
from India can book cheap New Zealand tour packages from India in advance to save some bucks.
Exchange rate matters
– The currency fluctuation can an effect on your traveling cost. It is best to book holidays
when your currency is strengthening against the value of Kiwi Dollars, so that you can enjoy a pleasant stay in
New Zealand along with spending less.
– The majority of restaurants, travel operators, hotels and stores here accept credit cards. So, if
you have a card from a bank that does not charge any money for performing foreign transactions then it is best to
carry such no-fee cards instead of cash.
– It is not a custom to tip waiters, bellhop or tour guides in New Zealand unless their services is exemplary.
Spend on best
– You can easily spend thousands of Rupees everyday on excursion here especially if you want to try adventure activities like helicopter seeing but if you are on a limited budget then it is very important for you to do complete research and then decide that what activity is the best spend on.
– In the mid of hundred of New Zealand excursion ideas, there are many free attraction in the country
that you enjoy. For instance, it won’t cost you anything to visit a national park or an Art gallery in Auckland or to soak yourself at North Island beaches or to walk around the beautiful Queenstown gardens, etc. These are some of the best places to visit in New Zealand
if you are on a budget tour. Towns, Wellington and Auckland offer discount city passes to travelers. You can use these passes to visit multiple attraction sites. Thus, the overall cost of sightseeing can be minimized through this.
Avoid the crowd
– There are many ways to save on traveling within the country. For instance, you can book early morning or late night tickets for the Milford Sound – a beautiful cruise in New Zealand, as the lunchtime traveling is extremely expensive and crowded.
Go for a bus
– Car hire can be very expensive in this country, because of the fuel. So, try taking the local buses to enjoy inexpensive rides around the country. The popular bus services of New Zealand are – Nakedbus and InterCity.
Cheap car hire
– If you need to book a taxi then it is suggested to use the local cab services as their rates are comparatively cheaper. You can even hire older cars at negotiable prices, so don’t be too choosy while booking a car rental.
– Behave like a local and get most of the food from nearest grocery stores instead of restaurants. Grab yogurt, bread and fruit to enjoy a picnic with family while traveling. If time allows you then it is best to cook for yourself to enjoy an affordable stay.
Tap water is good
– In New Zealand, the tap water is absolutely potable throughout the country so no need to waste any money on buying bottled water.
Look for Backpackers
– New Zealand is home to many affordable accommodations for its visitors, popular known as the “Backpackers”. If you don’t like sharing your room or if you are on a family tour then there are many hostels that provide private space on discounts with bathrooms, in it. Some rooms even have personal kitchens where the
travelers can cook their meals and trim down the food cost, as well.
– Camping & caravanning are the two most popular activities in this country. There are many official
departments to look after the campsites, some of them even offer free camping facilities to the visitors. So, here
you can enjoy the pristine country side of New Zealand and the best camping experience ever, for free!
Thus, there are so many amazing and exciting things to do in this country even if you are on a budget vacation.
Hope, the above given tips can help you in enjoying a great and most relaxing, affordable holiday in New Zealand