DETAILED DAY WISE ITINERARY
Day 1 - Arrive in Christchurch
• Today marks the beginning of an adventurous journey to explore the bottom of the Southern Island of New Zealand. You arrive in Christchurch where you begin this exciting trip.
• On arriving at the Christchurch airport, get transferred to your hotel and complete the check-in formalities. Spend the day relaxing and taking in the breath-taking sights this colourful city has to offer.
• Overnight stay at the hotel in the comforts of your room.
Day 2 - Christchurch- Queenstown
• A day where you explore some beautiful natural wonders, today marks the beginning of your 10-day adventure in the South Island of New Zealand. Fill yourself up with the vast breakfast spread at the hotel and then begin your journey.
•Travelling all the way across the Canterbury Plains, where you witness magnificent sights, you arrive at Lake Tekapo, only to witness panoramas equally splendid. A scene straight out of a postcard, spend some quiet time here before we continue South to the town of Twizel. Traverse through this small town with a historic vibe before we reach Lake Wakatipu, where you can appreciate the alpine scenery of New Zealand.
• After this, you finally reach the Alpine Resort of Queenstown where you retire for the day and rest yourself well for the day to follow.
Day 4 - Queenstown - Doubtful Sound - Te Anau
• Revelling in true natural wonders, today we leave Queenstown after breakfast at the hotel and head to the fiord, Doubtful Sound.
• Here, you take a cruise in the wilderness and experience the tranquillity of nature. Not as known as its famous counterpart, Milford Sound, Doubt Sound is no less gorgeous and it’s less interaction with humankind is what makes it a lot more appealing. Another cruise awaits you at on Lake Manapouri, which is located within the confines of the Fiordland National Park. Get ready to witness the flora and fauna of the area on this cruise.
• After the eventful day, we reach the town of Te Anau where we spend the night at our hotel.
Day 5 - Te Anau - Invercargill - Stewart Island
• Leave from Te Anau in the morning and travel to Invercargill, which is a common getaway to Stewart Island.
• We halt at Invercargill for a short while before we reach our final destination for the day, Stewart Island. Take a ferry to the island from Bluff and enjoy a guided tour of the best places on the island before we explore them from end-to-end the next day.
• Check-in at the hotel as you reach and spend the remaining day at leisure. You can either go around exploring the place on your own or enjoy the comforts of your hotel room.
Day 6 - Stewart Island
• Hopefully well-rested, you rise to a beautiful morning and enjoy a delectable breakfast at the hotel.
• You have the day to yourself today to explore the island on your own and we suggest it is the perfect time to delve deep into the wild side of New Zealand. You can also bathe on the beach, watch blue penguins at Ackers Point or just walk around looking for Kiwi birds at Kiwiland.
• Overnight stay at the hotel.
(Please note, that these are only suggested activities and are not included in the package. Yatra offers you some optional packages to make the most of your leisure days during the trip.)
Day 7 - Stewart Island - Invercargill
• A relaxed morning awaits you today as you spend time at the hotel until you check out and take a return flight to Invercargill.
• A number of wildlife cruises and walks are available at an added price if you want to spend the morning in Stewart Island in the wilderness.
• As you reach Invercargill, you will be taken to the hotel where you can relax and then spend the evening as you like. Overnight stay at the hotel.
(Please note, that these are only suggested activities and are not included in the package)
Day 8 - Invercargill - Dunedin
• Gear up for the last few days of adventure as we take on the next destination today, Dunedin.
• Driving along the Catlin’s Coast, sweeping past gorgeous beaches and mammoth cliffs, you reach Dunedin. The Scottish influence on the city is the first thing that you pick up about it as you enter it.
• We reach the hotel in the evening as having witnessed the beautiful locales. We suggest you sleep well today to make the most of your holiday.
Day 9 - Dunedin - Christchurch
• Wake up to a beautiful morning in Dunedin and we suggest you get your walking shoes on and traverse through the town.
• What you will witness is rich Scottish and Maori heritage with Victorian architecture. Hiking trails and cycling paths are commonly found and should be explored. Pack your bags and in the afternoon, as we reach Christchurch. Spend the last evening walking around cherishing and remembering everything Kiwiland had to offer you.
• Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10 - Departure
• All good things come to an end and this trip is no different. With beautiful memories in your mind and a heart full of joy, get transferred to the airport to take an onward flight home.