Comprehensive travel guide for tourists to plan their trip to Maldives
Located just adjacent to India, Maldives is one of the most developed countries in the world. The beautiful beaches of the city can drive anyone crazy and is especially a perfect destination for the honeymoon couples. It is often referred to as the queen of romance and is always crowded by tourists. Especially the people from India prefer the Maldives as their honeymoon destination as it is quite near to India as well.
There are many tours and travel operators from India that will provide you with a guided tour of Maldives to help you have a better tour of the city. To help you further on this very aspect, here is a look at some of the tourist destinations in the Maldives that you must not miss when you are planning a tour to the Maldives -
● Como Cocoa Island
- Coma Cocoa Island is one of the most popular islands in Maldives that attract visitors’ attention and can be an ideal place for you to visit. The island is filled with luxury resorts and the water villas over there will make you go wild. There are as many as 33 water villas and each of them offers you with luxurious facilities. The spa retreat and the white powder sand of the island will also give you a perfect when you are out of your water villa. You can opt for the Maldives tour packages to select for the villa where you can have a comforting stay with your loved ones. The restaurants at the island will also offer you with some quality that will make you lick even your fingers. There are also some other attractions that are present over there such as snorkelling, diving amongst others.
● Male Island
- The capital of Maldives is also the most visited place of the country and every visitor who comes to Maldives wants to have a visit to the Male Island. The Island is one for the lovers of luxury with gigantic villas, pubs, restaurants amongst other popular tourist attractions that will keep you engaged over there.
Especially if you are a couple that loves going to different places, going to Male Island may be one of the most brilliant options for you. You can easily reach the city as the international airport located in Male is well connected to Indian cities of Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and New Delhi. So, if you are wondering about how to reach Maldives, then you can easily catch the flight from Kolkata which is best connected to Maldives Island. The underwater scooter riding activity is quite popular in Male along with a dip in the ocean pool that will make you feel refreshed. In addition to this, attractions like the Male National Museum, Tsunami Monument, Fishmarket and others can also be a very good visit for you to have some quality time with your partner.
● Whale Submarine
- If you are planning to go to Maldives with your kids, making a visit to Whale submarine is one of the things that you must do. Ranked amongst one of the top locations on Maldives tour guide
, the place is an absolute paradise for the kids. The underwater tour of the submarine will help you to observe the life inside the roofs and will especially excite the kids.
There are various varieties of fishes that you can get to see on your underwater tour and the prominent ones include yellow box fishes, lionfish, yellow or blue-striped snappers and reef fish amongst others. The exciting tour of 45 minutes will not only help you to have some amazing sights but will also help you to enhance your knowledge about the fishes and their species.
● National Museum
- Located in the capital city of Male, the national museum is one of the most important attractions in Maldives. The place is one of the most important ones on the Maldives travel guide and making a visit to here will help you to know about the culture and history of the Maldives in a better manner.
The museum is a three-storey building that was constructed way back in the 17th century and used to form a part of the compound of Royal Palace. It was previously known as Sultan Park and it has a very vivid collection of galleries that showcase the glorious past of Maldives. You can find the religious paraphernalia, artefacts of weaponry, Thana and Arabic pieces of woods with engagement amongst other things. The coral-stone of Lord Buddha, the wooden plank of Hukuru Miskiiy that dates back to the 13th century are major attractions in the Museum.
The museum is open on every day expect the Fridays from 10 AM in the morning to 4 PM in the evening for the visitors to have a look at some of the treasures of Maldives. Every guided tour of Maldives has a national museum as its prominent part because of the historical importance that it holds.
- The country of Maldives is amongst the favourite spots when you talk about the tourist destinations for newlywed couples in India. There are many places on the map of Maldives
that you cannot afford to miss and thus you need to plan your trip very wisely. You can get in touch with the travel operators to plan your trip in a better manner.
Another option that you have is scrolling through the web to make a check on the best places to visit in Maldives
. You must have your list sought out before coming to the Maldives in order to enjoy your tour in the best manner.
Another factor that you must be very careful about is the timing of your tour to the Maldives. The best season to visit Maldives
is from December-April which is the summer months in Maldives
. Travelling post-April during the Monsoon season can be a bit tricky as the islands are wet and your trip becomes a bit restricted as well. Although you may find some exciting deals during this period due to off-season which may prompt you to go to the Maldives during this period.