Over 67% respondents are planning take a vacation this season: Yatra Survey
New Delhi, XX October 2017, India: Yatra.com, one of India’s leading online travel portals, conducted its annual festive survey highlighting the travel trends for this festive season. The survey conducted amongst 2700 respondents reveals that an overwhelming 67% respondents are planning to travel during the festival season, leveraging the long weekends..
With Diwali & Dusshera falling closer to the weekend, 73% travellers are finding this as the perfect opportunity to escape from their monotonous city schedules to indulge in short getaways. Led by airline flash sales, the trend of booking in advance continues to be on rise with a whopping 40% respondents booking at least 1-3months in advance from their travel date.
Travellers seem to choosing accommodation wisely, with 42% and 25% opting for 3-4 star hotel and budget hotels, respectively. This clearly reflects the continued lukewarm demand for luxury accommodation post GST. Travellers are increasingly travelling for leisure and embarking on domestic travel for shorter trips which are considerably more affordable. Only 22.7% respondents said that they would prefer taking an international vacation.
Another key observation derived out of the survey was about Indian travellers preferring to travel with their families during festivals, with 63% falling under the category. 42% of the respondents said that they are looking at the festive season as a time to head out of the city or the country to explore new destinations and cultures
Commenting on the findings from the survey, Mr. Sharat Dhall, COO (B2C), Yatra.com, “The discerning Indian travellers are breaking away from the conventional mind-set of staying or visiting hometown during festival, especially if it’s closer to a weekend. Indian travellers, today, are open to discovering new destinations for quick weekend getaways along with traditional sightseeing vacations. Factors like cheaper airfares and low tariffs for budget hotels, are increasingly making budget travel an attractive option.”
The survey also revealed that Facebook is the most popular social media platform amongst the travellers. 83% of the respondents said that they use Facebook to post vacation updates. However, 33% of the respondents said that they are completely off social media during vacation.
- With 70.8%, there is an increase in the number of people opting to travel for leisure
- Travels seem to choose accommodation wisely, with 42% opting for 3-4 star hotel and 25% going for budget hotels
- More than 40% are willing to spend INR 1,000 - 2,500 on accommodation per night, followed by 33.6% who are willing to spend INR 2,500 – 5,000
- 38% respondents said that their per person budget for this vacation is less than INR 10, 000
- Kerala has emerged as a popular destination this festive season, followed by Goa, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh. Bali & Dubai have emerged as the favorite international destinations
- More than 69% people are looking to travel for more than a week during the season
- 32% of the respondents said that their budget per person lies between INR 10,000 and INR 25,000
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' & 'M.S. Dhoni' are the most awaited movies releasing this festive season
- Kaju Barfi & Gulab Jamun are among the most favorite sweets for this festive season
For further information, please contact:
Damini Bindra/Anmol Kakkar