Yatra Invites Indian Travelers to Begin Their Journey at www.yatra.com and Offer Feedback on Its Services
Reliance Capital, Norwest Venture Partners & TV18 Group's Online and Centralized Travel Services Company Yatra Goes Live
NEW DELHI, INDIA — August 7, 2006 — Yatra (www.yatra.com), the assisted, online and call-center-based travel Services Company for the India market, today announced the launch of its services at www.yatra.com. Backed by Reliance (ADAG), TV18 Group, and NVP, and founded by a seasoned team of travel professionals from across the globe, Yatra invites all travelers to explore its services and take advantage of the company's easy-to-use features and comprehensive travel information and choices. By booking travel today on www.yatra.com, Indian travelers can benefit from the following:
- Extensive Domestic Hotel Options: Yatra meets the needs of the growing middle class travelers in India through its relationships with over 1,000 domestic hotels in more than 150 cities and towns across India with a special focus on budget travelers, by also offering a significant number of hotels in the "under Rs 1,000 per room night" category.
- Wide Variety of Air Carriers: Yatra offers customers a broad selection of flights across all major domestic airlines as well as low cost carriers.
- Last Minute Booking: Yatra is the only online travel company to offer travelers the convenience of booking flights up to three hours before their departure. This is particularly beneficial for business travelers, as the majority of air travel in India is booked within three days prior to departure.
- Best in Class Technology: For the first time, Yatra brings to India the same technology that is being used by the leading global online travel websites.
- Dynamic Packaging: Yatra's dynamic packaging tool enables customers to create and book their own travel packages for convenience and savings.
- Holiday Travel Packages: Yatra provides travelers with specially negotiated holiday packages in every major destination in India.
- Flexible Search Option: Yatra is the only company in India to offer a flexible search option for airlines, allowing travelers to search for the best deal within two days of their selected travel date.
Yatra offers travel-related information, pricing, availability and reservations for airlines, hotels, railway, buses and car rentals across 5000 large cities and small rural areas throughout India. Yatra's customer service center enables business and family/leisure travelers to make well-informed and cost effective bookings 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Committed to meeting the needs of its customers, Yatra encourages travelers to provide valuable feedback on their user experience.
"Yatra is at the forefront of the changing face of travel in India, as online travel booking will soon become the norm," said Promod Haque, managing partner at Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) and Yatra board member. "Yatra is dedicated to serving the unique needs of the Indian traveler, and is poised to become the preeminent travel services company in India. I encourage travelers to visit Yatra to take advantage of first priority booking, customized travel packages and vast choices that haven't been available until now."
"We are delighted to make an investment in Yatra, its technology, and its team of experienced professionals," said Harshal Shah, vice president at Reliance Capital and Yatra board member. "The online travel industry is expected to grow significantly in the near future, just as it did in China. An example of this is Ctrip.com International Ltd. which was founded in China in 1999, is listed now on NASDAQ, and is today a company with market capitalization of US$1.56 billion. We believe that Yatra can have a similar or better growth pattern."
"We're extremely excited about the launch of our new services, and we're looking forward to working with our customers to obtain their feedback and continue to enhance our site to offer them the most relevant travel choices and best user-experience possible," said Dhruv Shringi, co-founder and board member of Yatra.
Yatra Online announced earlier this year that it secured initial funding from Reliance Capital (a member of Reliance - Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group), Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) - Promod Haque's leading venture capital firm, and Television 18 Group (TV18)—India's premier news broadcaster (CNBC TV18, CNN- IBN and Awaaz) and a leading Internet player (running moneycontrol.com, commoditiescontrol.com and ibnlive.com) founded by Raghav Bahl. Yatra's investors are also committed to support the company through its subsequent stages of growth to make Yatra the #1 travel services company in India.
Yatra (www.yatra.com) is the assisted, online and call-center-based travel services company for the India market . Yatra helps businesses and consumers book travel by offering them travel-related information, pricing, availability and reservations for airlines, hotels, railway, buses and car rentals across 5000 large cities and small rural areas throughout India. Yatra's customer service center enables business and family/leisure travelers to make well-informed and cost effective bookings 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Yatra customers benefit from first priority booking and customized travel packages and deals for multiple large to small hotels, airlines, railways, buses and car rentals at the lowest prices, as a result of strategic relationships with the leading travel suppliers across the country. Yatra's world-renowned investors include Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) - Promod Haque's leading venture capital firm, Reliance Capital (a member of Reliance - Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group), and Television 18 Group (TV18)—India's premier news broadcaster (CNBC TV18, CNN-IBN and Awaaz) and a leading Internet player (running moneycontrol.com, commoditiescontrol.com and ibnlive.com) founded by Raghav Bahl. For more information visit www.yatra.com or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.