You can apply Dubai visa online either through an OTA (Online Travel Agency) or through the Dubai Visa Processing Centre (DVPC). You can choose to book your flight tickets directly with Emirates and subsequently apply Dubai tourist visa online. All you need to do is hop on the airline's website, head to the manage booking section, then enter your booking details and retrieve your booking. Then you can apply Dubai visa from India by selecting the apply for a UAE visa option. Continue on the Dubai application module by filling up your visa form and uploading the requisite documents required to get a Dubai e-visa. In order to apply Dubai work visa online you need to first have an approval from the Ministry of Labour. Your employer needs to apply for such a visa on behalf of his employee, and the procedure needs to be completed before your entering the UAE.
The quick 4-step procedure to Book for a Dubai visa Online with an OTA include:
1. Getting a quote from an OTA.
2. Pay the online processing fee using your credit/debit card or e-wallet.
3. Upload all the documents mentioned in your visa form online - on the portal of your OTA.
4. Get real time update on your Dubai Visa Status Online and ultimately receive your e-visa to your registered email id.
But before going through the process you need to know what visa type you are applying for.
The Dubai Visa Process for Indians is a fairly simple one. Any Indian travelling to Dubai requires an Electronic Travel Authorisation or ETA which grants them travel rights for a short duration. An Indian shall be eligible for a Dubai visa primarily if his passport has a minimum 6 month validity. If your purpose of visit to Dubai is travel, then as a tourist you need to have a single entry short term tourist visa that is valid for 30 days. But before that you need to establish your purpose of travel whether it is for tourism alone, for business, work or study, for your visa requirement will vary with the category you go for.
1. Once you have identified your category of Visa, you need to fill up the requisite visa details and raise a quote with your OTA.
2. You can carry out the Dubai visa process online by then paying the processing fee along with the agent's commission using NetBanking, credit or debit card or even an e-wallet.
3. You need to upload all documents mentioned in the requirement sheet online, making sure you don't miss out any detail. The OTA will then verify the accuracy of your papers and ask you to re-upload in case there is a need, and then send forth your application to the consulate.
4. You can track your e-visa status online till you finally receive it on your registered email id.
The Dubai visa processing time can be as little as 24 hours for Indian citizens. But you should expect a normal processing time of 3-4 working days to get your Dubai e-visa.
The common documents required for a Dubai visa whether tourist or business comprise:
- Your passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- A photocopy of the visa application form duly filled.
- Scanned copy of two colour photographs in white background.
- A cover letter from the applicant mentioning his purpose of visit and the duration of his stay.
- Confirmed return flight tickets.
- Proof of hotel reservation for all days of your stay in Dubai.
- An original as well as photocopy of your IT Returns and a photocopy of the PAN card.
- Original as well as scanned copy of your investment documents. Should have investment amounting to 5 lac or more in the form of FDs.
- A solo woman traveller under the age of 24 would need an NOC from her father or husband.
- A health declaration form that you need to download from the DVPC website. The form needs to be printed, filled up and duly signed, and handed over at the Dubai International Airport on arrival.
- A quarantine undertaking form that also needs to be downloaded from the same place, and printed and completed and kept handy.
- A copy of PCR test issued 96 HRS ahead of date of departure.
- Health insurance valid for the duration of visa validity is recommended to cover any testing, medical and quarantine cost.
The Dubai visa fees will vary with the type of visa you are applying. Here's a quick glance at the Dubai visa price, depending on your visa category.
- The Dubai visa cost for a tourist visa is INR 6000
- 48-hour visa costs INR 845
- 96-hour visa comes for INR 1895
- The Dubai visa cost for Indians for a period of 90 days is INR 14,555
- The Dubai visa fees for Indian citizens requiring an Express tourist visa is INR 7,655
- An Express 48-hour visa costs INR 2500
- An Express 96-hour visa costs INR 3550
- A 90-day multiple entry long-term visa costs INR 35,230
- A 30-day multiple entry short-term visa costs INR 14,025
- The Dubai visa fees refund or cancellation charge is INR 2280
The various Dubai Visa types applicable for Indians include:
48-Hours Dubai Visa : Such a visa is valid for a 48-hour stay and is a single entry visa including the date of entry and exit. This is ideal for those who wish to travel to the UAE and plan to stay for less than 2 days. Business travellers often go for such a visa, or as a stopover en route to their onward destination.
96-Hours Dubai Visa : This visa is valid for a 96-hour stay and is a single entry visa including your date of entry and exit. Such a visa is preferred by travellers who intend to stay for a period of less than 4 days. Business travellers who have a few business meetings scheduled, have point-to-point travel or are taking a stopover en route to their onward destination, opt for this visa category.
Short-Term Single Entry Visa : This tourist visa is valid for 30 days and is a single entry visa which includes the date of entry and exit. The entry validity of such a visa is for 58 days from the date of issue and you can even extend it twice for 30 days each. The extension fee is AED 850 each time.
90-Days Dubai Visa : This visa is valid for 90 days, is a single entry visa and includes your date of arrival and departure. This is availed by travellers intending to stay on for a longish period in UAE either to visit family, friends, to attend a family event or for some business training. The entry validity for such a visa is 58 days from the date of issue and it can be extended twice for 30 days each after completing your 90 day tenure till which your visa is originally valid. The extension fee is AED 850 every time.
Multiple Entry Short-Term Visa : This is a multiple entry visa in which the entry is valid for 58 days from the date of issue and can be extended twice for 30 days each time. The extension fee is the same at AED 850 each time. This visa allows you to enter the UAE multiple times and stay over for 30 days from the date of first entry.
Here are some reasons why your Dubai Visa Application can get rejected:
- In case you are a woman below the age of 24 and are travelling alone, there could be a delay or rejection of your visa, suspecting human trafficking.
- Any previous criminal record or fraud or any misconduct in the UAE or in India can lead to your visa getting rejected.
- In case you had a UAE residence visa earlier and left the country without cancelling the visa. The Public Relation Officer needs to have it cancelled for you before issuing you a new tourist visa.
- In case the scanned copies of your passport are not legible and the UAE immigration finds it suspect and rejects or delays the process of granting you a Dubai visa.
- Your visa can get rejected if your passport lists you as a non-white collar professional like a labourer, a farmer etc.
- In case your visa application has some typos in the name, passport number, date of birth, passport issuance and expiry dates, your application can get rejected or delayed.
- In case you had applied for a tourist visa to Dubai and had not utilised it. You then have to get it first cancelled from an OTA before applying for a new UAE visa.
- In case you have applied for an employment visa through an organisation in the UAE and did not utilise it. In such a case the PRO of the very company needs to first cancel your visa in order for you to apply for a fresh Dubai visa.
Q. How can I check the status of my Dubai visa online?
Q.How many days does it take to process a Dubai visa?
Q. How many days prior to the date of travel can I apply for a Dubai tourist visa?
Q. Can I get a Dubai visa on the same day?
Q. Can I apply for a Dubai visa if I have not booked a flight with Yatra.com?
Q. What is the validity of a Dubai/UAE visa?
Q. How long can I stay in Dubai without a visa?
Q. How do I get a Dubai visa if I am an Indian citizen?
Q. Is there a passport validity requirement for a Dubai/UAE visa?
Q. What happens if I extend my stay in Dubai/UAE without renewing my visa?
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for a Dubai visa application?
A. To be eligible for a Dubai visa, you need to meet the below criteria:
- Need to hold a valid Indian passport. The passport should have a validity of a minimum of six months with a minimum two blank pages.
- You need to have confirmed return flight tickets.
- You should not have any criminal record.
- You need to have sufficient funds in your account in order to cover the expenses incurred during your stay in Dubai.